One of the basic rules of successful minor league sports teams is ”never pay cash if
you can trade for it.” This is equally true for Super League teams.
Rule number two: Promotional opportunities are only limited by your imagination.
• Ticket Sales Super League teams will retain100% of their ticket revenue. However, we know that this is a league that will have to be built one fan at at time. Initially, we will most likely measure our attendance in the hundreds but, given the modest cost of operating
a team, a few hundred fans at $5.00 would be a great start. If they had fun and tell their friends, you are on your way to a successful franchise.
• Advertising and Sponsorship There are very few costs other than payroll that cannot be negotiated. Need a couple of vans for a road game? Talk to your local car dealer. If he advertises free tickets to your games at his dealership, you get free vans and bonus fans to fill your building. Jerseys and pants do not have to be an expense when a sponsor will pay to have his name and logo on them.
• Dasher Boards and rink banners Super League teams retain 100% of their rink advertsing. Your facility may not want you to use their dasher board space but they now manufacture removable dasher board signs. Endless possibilties!
• Game announcements “Tonight’s three stars are presented by______________” The out of town scoreboard is presented by ________________.” “After the game, Charlies Sports Bar is the place to be.” They cost you nothing and enhance your revenue.
• Web site Advertising Teams retain 100% of any revenue generated through their team website.
• Roller Hockey TV Revenue Every Super League team is guaranteed a minimum of one appearance on the Game of the Week Broadcasts. Teams retain 70% of the total advertising package.
• League Expansion Revenue 25% of expansion fees from year two are retained by teams, 50% are shared equally by founding teams in year three and beyond.
One of the basic rules of successful minor league sports teams is ”never pay cash if you can trade for it.”
This is equally true for Super League teams. Rule number two: Promotional opportunities are only limited
by your imagination.
WHEELIN' & DEALIN'
Dasher board and banner sales,
promotions of all types...it all makes
a Super League game profitablel.
Sports Management interns can be a huge plus for summer sports leagues.
Silly stuff at the hockey game. And it sells tickets.
If the kids are having fun, the parents will be back!